Create a kitchen you'll love cooking in
Amish-crafted custom kitchen cabinets in Bethesda, MD
More Family Time
Are you tired of cooking in an outdated or inefficient kitchen?
- Are you frustrated with the lack of workspace you have?
- Is your kitchen too cramped to entertain in?
- Do you wish you had updated features to cook and work with?
- Does your kitchen feel unorganized?
- Is your kitchen dark and poorly lit?
- Are there unnecessary walls in your kitchen?
You deserve a kitchen that makes your cooking dreams come true!
What is possible when you remodel your kitchen?
Experience Stronger Relationships
Friends and family will eagerly await their next invitation to your house where they can enjoy delicious food, a pleasant space, and fun conversation!
Love Your New Look
You’ll love hosting and showing your new kitchen cabinets – no more being worried about what other people are thinking of your home.
Love Cooking Again
When you have the space, tools, and kitchen features you need; preparing and cooking food will be a pleasure!
By the numbers
76 percent of people surveyed in a Houzz trend study said they cooked at home five or more nights a week after their renovation
We are proud to put our name on over 50 kitchen remodeling projects over the years – and we’d love to make yours our next one!
Our promise to you is that you will be 100% satisfied with our craftsmanship and workmanship on your home project.
we feel your pain
Like you, we know how frustrating it can be to have a kitchen that is so poorly laid out that not only is it a pain to cook in (forget entertaining!), but you can’t figure out why you need to walk 10 feet away from the stove just to grab your spices! No more of that!
That’s why we’ll build you your dream custom kitchen in Bethesda.
Still feels new - years later!
We build our kitchens to last for decades. With our woodworking skills and practices, you won’t need to worry about your bathroom cabinets falling apart or needing to be replaced.
We make custom kitchen cabinet design easy in Bethesda:
Schedule an Estimate
Schedule an estimate when we learn about your goals for your new kitchen, get measurements, and talk about your dream kitchen.
Customize your Kitchen
Together we’ll create a layout that works best for your kitchen then we’ll select the right particulars from wood species to colors
Our team of kind and skilled Amish woodworkers will handcraft & install your kitchen while working hard to stay on an organized schedule that puts your needs first
What our clients say
1. Your home is your space. We’ll treat your home like ours – with respect and cleanliness.
2. We’ll remain on a schedule that accomodates your needs and gets your home back to normal as quickly as possible.
3. Your kitchen will be built to last and add to your home’s resale value.
4. We will listen to your goals and help make your dream kitchen a reality with the customer service you deserve.
We don’t just create custom kitchen cabinets. View more of our custom wood services that we offer for the Bethesda, MD area:
Questions on our kitchen cabinet process?
Get your answers below!
There are several things we always want to address quickly when planning your kitchen cabinet layout:
- Where is your kitchen sink going to go?
- Where will your kitchen appliances be?
- What size and style appliances do you have (particularly the fridge and stove)?
- Where are your corner cabinets and what features do you want in them?
The answers to these four questions provide a good foundation for the rest of the kitchen design.
One of the first steps is being able to meet with you in person to discuss your dreams and goals for your new kitchen.
We also need to visit your home to get exact measurements for your new cabinets.
After the design is finalized, our team of Amish cabinet makers get to work making your dream kitchen come true. When the build is complete, our installation team then installs your new kitchen!
We encourage three standard features in every kitchen we design and build:
- Soft-close drawer slides and hinges
- Double waste can pull-out cabinets
- Utensil dividers in 2-3 drawers.
Styles come and go, but here are three that we receive many requests for:
- Contemporary-modern cabinets. These are a simple cabinet style and sometimes referred to as the “Shaker style”
- Decorative-ornate. These have additional woodworking and trim pieces, giving the cabinets and kitchen some extra flair.
- Farmhouse style. Also called the “reclaimed look,” these bring a rustic and sometimes stressed style into your kitchen.
No matter the style you want in your cabinets, our skilled team of cabinet makers is ready to design and create them!
In current cabinet styles, we see many requests for:
- Medium-dark brown stains
Currently, three trends we see are the following:
- Glazed finishes on cabinets
- White-washed or distressed finishes
- Farmhouse and rustic style cabinets
Absolutely! We want your kitchen to be yours, so we allow you to have full customization over the following cabinet parts:
- Interior wood choice
- Exterior wood choice
- Door style
- Cabinet colors
Standard kitchen cabinet depth is 24″, but this can be changed depending on your appliances or goals.
Having a custom kitchen adds features, quality, and style that makes your home something worth spending money on when you go to sale.
Many home buyers are looking for kitchens that are not “stock” or “builders-grade” quality.
It is possible, but it is often a lot of work. It also rarely brings back the original sheen or finish of the cabinets.
We put a lot of work and take pride in our hand-crafted Amish-built cabinets, including the following craftsmanship features:
- 3/4″ plywood for the main box frame (industry standard is 1/2″ plywood).
- No staples are used that can come out; only glues and screws.
- We add supports behind each drawer.
- We design and build for long-term stability and quality.
Our goal is that if you want a new kitchen 10-15 years from now, that you can sell your kitchen for a good resale value.
Custom Kitchens & Kitchen Cabinets in Bethesda, MD
Life’s too short to live every day in frustration because your kitchen is inefficient.
If you own a home in Bethesda, or if you are building a new home, we know you want a kitchen area that you will love and be proud to host friends and family.
We want to help create your dream kitchen to make your food and hosting dreams come true.
If you’re going to spend so much time in the kitchen making meals for your family & friends, you ought to have a kitchen that is a delight to work in. That’s where we come in – Misty Creek Woodworking is here to help you create your dream kitchen and put the joy back into cooking and hosting in your home!
Can you be a perfect cook and host? Unfortunately, the answer is no.
But here is what is true:
With a custom built kitchen and kitchen cabinets you’ll be whipping out good food with far more consistency that you can with an outdated, inefficient kitchen.
And the best part?
You’ll actually enjoy cooking! Just being in a beautiful space will boost your mood. And when you hear the knock on the door that means friends have arrived, you’ll be proud of your kitchen!
At Misty Creek Woodworking we think you deserve to prepare delicious food in a beautiful environment.
That’s why our Amish craftsmen pour their heart and soul into every handcrafted kitchen cabinet they make. You’ll be amazed at the precision that goes into every detail of the Amish built kitchen cabinets – from unblemished wood grain to smooth finish that lasts for years.
As a custom kitchen cabinet maker in Bethesda, MD, we look forward to helping you create the kitchen and home of your dreams!
One Montgomery County Executive put it well: Bethesda is a 24/7 community and an excellent place to live, work, and be entertained.
If you already live in Bethesda, you probably aren’t surprised by this. After all, you are already familiar with restaurants, attractions, and opportunities of the area. If not, here are a few places to check out:
- Strathmore Theater and Round House Theatre
- Golf at the Congressional Country Club
- Glen Echo Park
- Bethesda Row for amazing dining experiences
- Lou Lou Boutique and Sassanova for one of a kind fashion
- Explore the nearby Potomac River
Bethesda is an unincorporated, census-designated place in southern Montgomery County, Maryland, located just northwest of Washington, D.C.
As an unincorporated community, Bethesda has no official boundaries – but has a counted population of over 63,000.
Bethesda is one of the most affluent and highly educated communities in the United States. It is a vibrant town, and a destination for shopping, artistic and cultural events.
Topping the list off for Bethesda is it’s amazing, upscale food options. In fact, foodies flood to the famous Bethesda Row for an exquisite environment, and phenomenal food.
With easy access to the nation’s capital, it’s a great city to live in when working in DC or one of the many nearby commercial centers of Maryland or Virginia.
The Greater Bethesda Chamber of Commerce states their goals like this:
- Establish the Greater Bethesda region as a seamless place to do business and solidify the Chamber as its preeminent advocate.
- Change the business environment in Montgomery County to a culture of “yes.”
- Ensure a fiscally firm foundation for the Chamber.
- Inspire chamber member engagement with new-and-improved events.
- Position the Chamber as dynamic, nimble, and relevant to the diverse range of businesses and employees that work, live and play in our region.
- Design a succession plan to promote a pipeline for inclusion and diversity in leadership.
Those are admirable goals, and we expect Bethesda, MD will be a growing, thriving area for years to come!
We offer our services in all zip codes in Bethesda with Amish built kitchen cabinets including: 20817, 20814, and other surrounding zip codes and towns.
We serve a wide variety of locations in Southeast Pennsylvania, Delaware, and Maryland. View our full locations directory here, or click one of the locations below to learn more.
- Berwyn, PA
- Bryn Mawr, PA
- Chester County, PA
- Collegeville, PA
- Delaware County, PA
- Devon, PA
- Downingtown, PA
- Ephrata, PA
- Exton, PA
- Fort Washington, PA
- Gladwyne, PA
- Glen Mills, PA
- Haverford, PA
- Hershey, PA
- Kennett Square, PA
- King of Prussia, PA
- Lancaster County, PA
- Mechanicsburg, PA
- Merion Station, PA
- Montgomery County, PA
- New Hope, PA
- Phoenixville, PA
- Spring House, PA
- Villanova, PA
- West Chester, PA