Create a kitchen you'll love cooking in
Amish-crafted custom kitchen cabinets in Downingtown, PA
More Family Time
Are you tired of cooking in an outdated or inefficient kitchen?
- Are you frustrated with the lack of workspace you have?
- Is your kitchen too cramped to entertain in?
- Do you wish you had updated features to cook and work with?
- Does your kitchen feel unorganized?
- Is your kitchen dark and poorly lit?
- Are there unnecessary walls in your kitchen?
You deserve a kitchen that makes your cooking dreams come true!
What is possible when you remodel your kitchen?
Experience Stronger Relationships
What better way to enjoy your loved ones than by hosting amazing dinners for them in the new kitchen you had installed!
Love Your New Look
When you have a kitchen with cabinets that really make your heart sing, it won’t be hard to get everyone in the mood for dinner parties and family gatherings. No one likes cooking when they don’t feel at home!
Love Cooking Again
Your kitchen is where you cook, bake, and create culinary masterpieces. Where everything should be in its place so that any task – no matter how simple or grand – can go smoothly with the proper preparation.
By the numbers
76 percent of people surveyed in a Houzz trend study said they cooked at home five or more nights a week after their renovation
We are proud to put our name on over 50 kitchen remodeling projects over the years – and we’d love to make yours our next one!
Our promise to you is that you will be 100% satisfied with our craftsmanship and workmanship on your home project.
we feel your pain
Like you, we know how frustrating it can be to have a kitchen that is so poorly laid out that not only is it a pain to cook in (forget entertaining!), but you can’t figure out why you need to walk 10 feet away from the stove just to grab your spices! No more of that!
At Misty Creek Woodworking, we’ll build you your dream custom kitchen in Downingtown.
Still feels new - years later!
We build our kitchens to last for decades. With our woodworking skills and practices, you won’t need to worry about your bathroom cabinets falling apart or needing to be replaced.
We make custom kitchen cabinet design easy in Downingtown:
Schedule an Estimate
Schedule an estimate when we learn about your goals for your new kitchen, get measurements, and talk about your dream kitchen.
Customize your Kitchen
Together we’ll create a layout that works best for your kitchen then we’ll select the right particulars from wood species to colors
Our team of kind and skilled Amish woodworkers will handcraft & install your kitchen while working hard to stay on an organized schedule that puts your needs first
What our clients say
1. Your home is a sacred place. We’ll treat your home like ours – with respect and cleanliness.
2. We’ll stay on a schedule that works around your needs and gets your home back to normal as quickly as possible.
3. Your kitchen will be built to last and add to your home’s resale value.
4. We will listen to your goals and help make your dream kitchen a reality with the customer service you deserve.
We don’t just create custom kitchen cabinets. View more of our custom wood services that we offer for the Downingtown, PA, area:
Questions on our kitchen cabinet process?
Get your answers below!
There are several things we always want to address quickly when planning your kitchen cabinet layout:
- Where is your kitchen sink going to go?
- Where will your kitchen appliances be?
- What size and style appliances do you have (particularly the fridge and stove)?
- Where are your corner cabinets and what features do you want in them?
The answers to these four questions provide a good foundation for the rest of the kitchen design.
One of the first steps is being able to meet with you in person to discuss your dreams and goals for your new kitchen.
We also need to visit your home to get exact measurements for your new cabinets.
After the design is finalized, our team of Amish cabinet makers get to work making your dream kitchen come true. When the build is complete, our installation team then installs your new kitchen!
We encourage three standard features in every kitchen we design and build:
- Soft-close drawer slides and hinges
- Double waste can pull-out cabinets
- Utensil dividers in 2-3 drawers.
Styles come and go, but here are three that we receive many requests for:
- Contemporary-modern cabinets. These are a simple cabinet style and sometimes referred to as the “Shaker style”
- Decorative-ornate. These have additional woodworking and trim pieces, giving the cabinets and kitchen some extra flair.
- Farmhouse style. Also called the “reclaimed look,” these bring a rustic and sometimes stressed style into your kitchen.
No matter the style you want in your cabinets, our skilled team of cabinet makers is ready to design and create them!
In current cabinet styles, we see many requests for:
- Medium-dark brown stains
Currently, three trends we see are the following:
- Glazed finishes on cabinets
- White-washed or distressed finishes
- Farmhouse and rustic style cabinets
Absolutely! We want your kitchen to be yours, so we allow you to have full customization over the following cabinet parts:
- Interior wood choice
- Exterior wood choice
- Door style
- Cabinet colors
Standard kitchen cabinet depth is 24″, but this can be changed depending on your appliances or goals.
Having a custom kitchen adds features, quality, and style that makes your home something worth spending money on when you go to sale.
Many home buyers are looking for kitchens that are not “stock” or “builders-grade” quality.
It is possible, but it is often a lot of work. It also rarely brings back the original sheen or finish of the cabinets.
We put a lot of work and take pride in our hand-crafted Amish-built cabinets, including the following craftsmanship features:
- 3/4″ plywood for the main box frame (industry standard is 1/2″ plywood).
- No staples are used that can come out; only glues and screws.
- We add supports behind each drawer.
- We design and build for long-term stability and quality.
Our goal is that if you want a new kitchen 10-15 years from now, that you can sell your kitchen for a good resale value.
Custom Kitchens & Kitchen Cabinets in Downingtown, PA
Life’s too short to live every day in frustration because your kitchen is inefficient.
As a homeowner in Downingtown, you never want to feel like an inadequate host because you don’t enjoy working in your kitchen or preparing food for guests.
We believe your kitchen should be a joy to cook in and gather as a family.
If you’re going to spend so much time in the kitchen making meals for your family & friends, you ought to have a kitchen that is a delight to work in. That’s where we come in – Misty Creek Woodworking is here to help you create your dream kitchen and put the joy back into cooking and hosting in your home!
As a custom kitchen cabinet maker in Downington, PA, we look forward to helping you create the kitchen and home of your dreams!
- The Struble Trail
- Lloyd Park
- Dowlin Forge Park
- Pomodoro Pizza & Italian Restaurant
- Station Taproom
- Many more local parks and events
- And of course, all the attractions of the nearby cities, including Philadelphia
As a borough in Chester County, Downingtown is located in the greater Philadelphia metropolitan area. It covers 2.22 square miles and its population is 7,897.
The city website writes, “Downingtown is experiencing a revitalization with many new projects currently underway, as well as, proposed projects which will enhance our future growth and provide many types of opportunities for our residents. The anticipated River Station project, a transit oriented development, is scheduled to begin construction in the near future by The Hankin Group. The development will be constructed at the former Sonoco Paper Mill site. River Station will provide opportunities for new commercial businesses, restaurants and residential living with easy access to transit and pedestrian trails.”
One of the neat historical facts about Downingtown is that global pretzel chain Auntie Anne’s got its start at a farmer’s market stall right here in Downingtown!
We service all zip codes in Downingtown with Amish-built kitchen cabinets, including: 19335, 19372, and other surrounding zip codes in the Chester County area.
We serve a wide variety of locations in Southeast Pennsylvania, Delaware, and Maryland. View our full locations directory here, or click one of the locations below to learn more.
- Berks County, PA
- Berwyn, PA
- Bryn Mawr, PA
- Boiling Springs, PA
- Camp Hill, PA
- Chester County, PA
- Chester Springs, PA
- Collegeville, PA
- Coopersburg, PA
- Dauphin County, PA
- Delaware County, PA
- Devon, PA
- Downingtown, PA
- Ephrata, PA
- Exton, PA
- Fort Washington, PA
- Gladwyne, PA
- Glen Mills, PA
- Haverford, PA
- Hershey, PA
- Hummelstown, PA
- Kennett Square, PA
- King of Prussia, PA
- Lancaster County, PA
- Lebanon County, PA
- Mechanicsburg, PA
- Merion Station, PA
- Montgomery County, PA
- Newburg, PA
- New Hope, PA
- Phoenixville, PA
- Spring House, PA
- Villanova, PA
- West Chester, PA
- York County, PA