Create a kitchen you'll love cooking in
Amish-crafted custom kitchen cabinets in Glen Mills, PA
More Family Time
Are you tired of cooking in an outdated or inefficient kitchen?
- Are you frustrated with the lack of workspace you have?
- Is your kitchen too cramped to entertain in?
- Do you wish you had updated features to cook and work with?
- Does your kitchen feel unorganized?
- Is your kitchen dark and poorly lit?
- Are there unnecessary walls in your kitchen?
You deserve a kitchen that makes your cooking dreams come true!
What is possible when you remodel your kitchen?
Experience Stronger Relationships
The kitchen is the heart of your home, and a new one can bring family together. So whether it’s for cooking or hosting, there are plenty of reasons to start planning today!
Love Your New Look
When you have a kitchen with cabinets that you are proud of, it will be an easy delight to cook up all your favorite dishes and share them with friends.
Love Cooking Again
The kitchen is the heart of every home. A well-organized space can make cooking almost as enjoyable as eating!
By the numbers
76 percent of people surveyed in a Houzz trend study said they cooked at home five or more nights a week after their renovation
We are proud to put our name on over 50 kitchen remodeling projects over the years – and we’d love to make yours our next one!
Our promise to you is that you will be 100% satisfied with our craftsmanship and workmanship on your home project.
we feel your pain
Like you, we know how frustrating it can be to have a kitchen that is so poorly laid out that not only is it a pain to cook in (forget entertaining!), but you can’t figure out why you need to walk 10 feet away from the stove just to grab your spices! No more of that!
At Misty Creek Woodworking, we’ll build you your dream custom kitchen in Glen Mills.
Still feels new - years later!
We build our kitchens to last for decades. With our woodworking skills and practices, you won’t need to worry about your bathroom cabinets falling apart or needing to be replaced.
We make custom kitchen cabinet design easy in Glen Mills:
Schedule an Estimate
Schedule an estimate when we learn about your goals for your new kitchen, get measurements, and talk about your dream kitchen.
Customize your Kitchen
Together we’ll create a layout that works best for your kitchen then we’ll select the right particulars from wood species to colors
Our team of kind and skilled Amish woodworkers will handcraft & install your kitchen while working hard to stay on an organized schedule that puts your needs first
What our clients say
1. Your home is a sacred place. We’ll treat your home like ours – with respect and cleanliness.
2. We’ll stay on a schedule that works around your needs and gets your home back to normal as quickly as possible.
3. Your kitchen will be built to last and add to your home’s resale value.
4. We will listen to your goals and help make your dream kitchen a reality with the customer service you deserve.
We don’t just create custom kitchen cabinets. View more of our custom wood services that we offer for the Glen Mills, PA, area:
Questions on our kitchen cabinet process?
Get your answers below!
There are several things we always want to address quickly when planning your kitchen cabinet layout:
- Where is your kitchen sink going to go?
- Where will your kitchen appliances be?
- What size and style appliances do you have (particularly the fridge and stove)?
- Where are your corner cabinets and what features do you want in them?
The answers to these four questions provide a good foundation for the rest of the kitchen design.
One of the first steps is being able to meet with you in person to discuss your dreams and goals for your new kitchen.
We also need to visit your home to get exact measurements for your new cabinets.
After the design is finalized, our team of Amish cabinet makers get to work making your dream kitchen come true. When the build is complete, our installation team then installs your new kitchen!
We encourage three standard features in every kitchen we design and build:
- Soft-close drawer slides and hinges
- Double waste can pull-out cabinets
- Utensil dividers in 2-3 drawers.
Styles come and go, but here are three that we receive many requests for:
- Contemporary-modern cabinets. These are a simple cabinet style and sometimes referred to as the “Shaker style”
- Decorative-ornate. These have additional woodworking and trim pieces, giving the cabinets and kitchen some extra flair.
- Farmhouse style. Also called the “reclaimed look,” these bring a rustic and sometimes stressed style into your kitchen.
No matter the style you want in your cabinets, our skilled team of cabinet makers is ready to design and create them!
In current cabinet styles, we see many requests for:
- Medium-dark brown stains
Currently, three trends we see are the following:
- Glazed finishes on cabinets
- White-washed or distressed finishes
- Farmhouse and rustic style cabinets
Absolutely! We want your kitchen to be yours, so we allow you to have full customization over the following cabinet parts:
- Interior wood choice
- Exterior wood choice
- Door style
- Cabinet colors
Standard kitchen cabinet depth is 24″, but this can be changed depending on your appliances or goals.
Having a custom kitchen adds features, quality, and style that makes your home something worth spending money on when you go to sale.
Many home buyers are looking for kitchens that are not “stock” or “builders-grade” quality.
It is possible, but it is often a lot of work. It also rarely brings back the original sheen or finish of the cabinets.
We put a lot of work and take pride in our hand-crafted Amish-built cabinets, including the following craftsmanship features:
- 3/4″ plywood for the main box frame (industry standard is 1/2″ plywood).
- No staples are used that can come out; only glues and screws.
- We add supports behind each drawer.
- We design and build for long-term stability and quality.
Our goal is that if you want a new kitchen 10-15 years from now, that you can sell your kitchen for a good resale value.
Custom Kitchens & Kitchen Cabinets in Glen Mills, PA
Life’s too short to live every day in frustration because your kitchen is inefficient.
As a homeowner in Glen Mills, you never want to feel like an inadequate host because you don’t enjoy working in your kitchen or preparing food for guests.
We believe your kitchen should be a joy to cook in and gather as a family.
If you’re going to spend so much time in the kitchen making meals for your family & friends, you ought to have a kitchen that is a delight to work in. That’s where we come in – Misty Creek Woodworking is here to help you create your dream kitchen and put the joy back into cooking and hosting in your home!
As a custom kitchen cabinet maker in Glen Mills, PA, we look forward to helping you create the kitchen and home of your dreams!
Glen Mills is an unincorporated city in located in Concord Township, PA. The township has 13.64 square miles and a population of 17,726.
“The name Glen Mills is taken from two paper mills built by the Willcox family, one in 1835 and the second in 1846. From 1864 to 1878, these mills supplied the United States government with a special, patented paper for the printing of government bonds and notes. The Glen Mills are no longer standing, but the grist mill built by Nathaniel Newlin in 1704 still stands and is a popular destination for picnickers and history buffs alike. A blacksmith shop was built on the former property in 1975. The Newlin Mill Complex was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1983.
“A ‘wild west’ themed restaurant/roadside attraction known as ‘The Longhorn Ranch’ operated in Glen Mills during the 1960s. In the 1980s, that same site was the location of Pulsations nightclub. The site is currently the location of a retirement community.
“A Glen Mills resident, pilot Michael R. Horrocks, died in the September 11, 2001 attacks. He was the first officer on Flight 175, the second plane to hit the World Trade Center.
A few other local attractions include:
- Grace Winery
- Arasapha Farms
- Haneeda’s Kitchen
- The Golf Course at Glen Mills
- Harvest Seasonal Grill & Wine Bar
- Terrain Cafe (a personal favorite!)
- Il Granaio
We serve a wide variety of locations in Southeast Pennsylvania, Delaware, and Maryland. View our full locations directory here, or click one of the locations below to learn more.
- Berwyn, PA
- Bryn Mawr, PA
- Chester County, PA
- Collegeville, PA
- Delaware County, PA
- Devon, PA
- Downingtown, PA
- Ephrata, PA
- Exton, PA
- Fort Washington, PA
- Gladwyne, PA
- Glen Mills, PA
- Haverford, PA
- Hershey, PA
- Kennett Square, PA
- King of Prussia, PA
- Lancaster County, PA
- Mechanicsburg, PA
- Merion Station, PA
- Montgomery County, PA
- New Hope, PA
- Phoenixville, PA
- Spring House, PA
- Villanova, PA
- West Chester, PA